Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Reporting wiki bugs
This page is for reporting bugs that you may encounter in the wiki. This does not cover in-game issues that you may encounter, nor does it cover page contents within individual articles.
- If you are experiencing an in-game bug or issue that requires technical support, check the Guild Wars 2 support forums.
- If you are experiencing difficulties getting past a specific part of the game, use the "Search" box on the left to find the specific quest, mission, or region that you are finding difficult. You can review any tips on that page, and discuss it on that page's talk page if more help is needed.
- If you have a problem with contents of a page, use the associated talk page.
Please review existing bug reports before creating a new one. If you add a bug not related to the wiki (such as a bug in the game itself), the report may be removed with no action taken.
When reporting a new bug, be sure to provide a description of the problem, your wiki username, the information from any error message received, and any additional comments that may help someone reproduce and troubleshoot the suspected bug.
Key: = Solved, = Unsolved, = Not a bug
Database error when trying to merge accounts
I just attempted to merge two accounts via Special:UserMerge, and received this error:
[a4a1f7d9443bf69e223961ff] 2018-05-10 20:44:33: Fatal exception of type "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError". G R E E N E R 20:47, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
- Special:Contributions/Mistress Elemental vs Special:Contributions/Mistesrian.
- I'm wondering if Special:RenameUser (built into mediawiki core) is the more recent version of Special:UserMerge (provided by a mediawiki extension)? See if RenameUser works -- if it does, then I think we can get Justin to remove mw:Extension:UserMerge. -Chieftain Alex 22:06, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
- Also a quick check of mediawiki talkpages suggests the user might have Watched the same pages? (getting the user to blank their watchlists might work) -Chieftain Alex 22:08, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
Microsoft Edge does not load pages properly when previewing edits
- Steps to reproduce
- Open Microsoft Edge and navigate to the wiki.
- Press edit on any page, type your edits then press preview
- Instead of loading a preview, it loads no html content and displays the page as simply #.
- bug screenshot
- I ended up implementing a script to disable the Show preview and Show changes buttons for Edge. -Chieftain Alex 17:33, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
Coordinate Map Bug?
Either I'm bugged or the interactive map is, but it doesn't seem to let me see any of the maps from lws4. For example, I input the correct coords for General Almorra Soulkeeper and while it does show the wp nearby, it doesn't show any of the Jahai Bluffs, much less the section she's in. It just shows a yellow circle around the undetailed "undiscovered" version of the map ~ Trevor95251 16:08, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- That is an issue with the official API; they haven't updated it since Path of Fire release due to ArenaNet recruitment inadequacies. Because of this underlying issue I've added some tiles to the wiki as a temporary measure. Set
| localtiles = truein any infobox for LWS4 maps. -Chieftain Alex 17:14, 25 September 2018 (UTC)